On Saturday 18 Jun 2011 1:05:19 am Deepa Mohan wrote:
> There seems to be no discussion about cricket on this list....or about
> acting....can someone tell me how these two very odd figures (in the first
> sentence) were arrived at?

Deepa - this is the first sentence (below).  It seems to say Sachin Tendulkar
earned X Rupees in foreign currency. That is odd. It could only have been
Pakistani Rupees because no country other than india and the Real India
(Pakistan) use the Rupee as currency. Otherwise he should have earned it as
Dollars/Yen/Euro/Dinar/Renminbi/Wampum no?

> *Sachin Tendulkar was levied an income tax of Rs 2,08,59,707 on an income
>  of Rs 5,92,31,211 he earned from ESPN Star Sports, Pepsico and Visa in
>  foreign currency during 2001-02 and 2004-05.*****

But since the Pakistani Rupee is worth about half as much as the Indian Rupee,
Tendulkar has earned only hals as much as he is alleged to have earned.
Naturally he should be liable for lower tax.

shiv