On Tuesday 28 June 2011 06:56 AM, ss wrote:
> Folks - my Pakistan reference was meant to be a joke in response to a light
> topic (cricket) started by Deepa.

Since when did cricket become a light topic? I demand to know.

> It's ironic that all content is taken
> seriously and only lack of content in emails is considered fun.

Of course the reference to the Mauritius rupee and Sachin's double-agent
(non-)nature was serious.  I don't see how one can (or should) expect
inherently serious topics like cricket and double-agency and religious
figures to be be 'fun' (whatever that means).

> I realize that. But the Mauritius reference came up because the Pakistani
> Rupee comment was taken seriously.

And facts are just as sacrosanct as religion and deadpan humour and bad
puns.

Misleading people as to the extent of the rupee as a currency and as to
the patriotic fervour of the master blaster (aka god) might seem like
harmless fun now.  Only with age and experience will you come to
understand the harms.[1]

- Pranesh

 [1]: How many of you parents have actually used this line?