On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 2:39:21 am Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> It's really weird though to watch people assume that peaceful protest
> alone gives legitimacy to the goal being sought here. If the bill is
> passed, will all the protesters disperse and go home happy?

I think this is misinterpretation by overanalysis. Ascribing intention to a
crowd can only result in comical fallacies.

If a staduim full of supporters watch their team lose one could assume that
they all came to do just that, that is, to watch their team lose.  Showing
support to a cause or a team or a person representing a cause does not
necessarily translate to suporting the end result.

Shooting the Sri Lankan cricket team may have been a far more honest and up
front expression of support for the end result being sought. The home team
could never lose that way.

shiv