On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Srini RamaKrishnan <che...@gmail.com> wrote:

> India graduates a surprisingly high number of engineers and doctors
> every year from its Universities, yet, barring a handful, most of them
> are ill qualified to be honored with their degrees. This is a charade
> that modern Indian society willingly indulges in.

The degrees are conferred after they do successfully navigate the
examination system. I don't think it is a fair trade to say that the
individuals are ill qualified when the baseline against which they
measure themselves and, are themselves measured, is flawed.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>