On Saturday 24 Sep 2011 9:42:53 am Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> Dave Long is a model you have constructed in your head based on a
> dataset gathered by your senses. In the second case the model is
> somewhat less accurate, that's all.

Absolutely. But the point here is that if a "single moment in time" is a plane
where light from the past converges and light going to the future diverges, it
is physically immpossible for me to contruct a Dave Long from exactly that
plane. Different parts of Dave Long are constructed from different planes of
time and I put them all together in my mind and say. "This is Dave Long at
this time". The "time" that my mind believes is a single point in time is not
a single point in time at all. It is a construct of Dave Long's different parts
from different points in time.

Perhaps, if my mind did not create such a construct, I would "see" Dave Long
as one might see a segment of a flickering TV screen in an old movie or seen
through a stroboscope. The mind requires a certain minimum slice of time to
process information and construct it as what we call reality.

How small can you slice time? What is the smallest unit of time. Would time
appear as a discrete particle if you sliced it small enough.

shiv