On 24-Sep-11, at 5:46 AM, ss wrote:
[snip]
Well tell me your take on this. If I see you lying in bed from the foot end of the bed, I am technically not seeing you at any single moment in time. What I see of your feet comes to me a short time before what I see of your nose.

My ability to see you as a whole is entirely conscructed by "fudging" and by the concatenation of several moments in time as being "one moment" and "you"
are defined in my mind by that fudging.

Imagine if the light from your feet reached me 50 years before light from your
nose. What would "you" be?

Dave Long is a model you have constructed in your head based on a dataset gathered by your senses. In the second case the model is somewhat less accurate, that's all.

-Taj.