Charles Haynes wrote:

> Anyway, I found Indian wines (including Grover's La Reserve, Reveilo,
> and top end Sula) of five years ago basically undrinkable

Grover's do a wine tasting session at their vineyards near
Bangalore. Here you get to taste their wine as it was intended and it is
world-class. Apparently, the reason it tastes so bad when you buy it in
retail outlets is excise practices, the wine is exposed to the elements
in a excise bonded warehouses for months sometimes.

If you are around BLR, and like wine you should make a trip there. It's
500 per head for just wine tasting and 850 for lunch as well. I'd
recommend the lunch and a larger rather smaller group.

Don't even get me started on the price/quality ratio of the imported
wine available in India.

PS. If anyone has seen New Zealand Golden Ridge (?) pinot noir in BLR
please do let me know.

--
Alok

for ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!!