On 25-Feb-12 9:46 PM, Aditya Kapil wrote:

> Doesn't answer the question as to why top-posting is bad netiquette /
> etiquette. Are IT guys just lazy scrollers? Or have they some secret
> knowledge of techie anachronismic inefficiencies that we mere mortals
> are not aware of?

Since this has been discussed so many times over the years on this list,
I am not sure what prompted this question now, especially given I
answered it yet again in my last post.

(resists temptation to include the entire post to make a point)

> I shall continue to hold this opinion
> (that text-only, trimmed, and interleaved posts are the most
> information-efficient; and the most respectful of the reader's time)

For slightly more detail,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

Udhay