On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Deepak Shenoy <deepakshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you include the parts of the message you are replying to, and
>> interleave your responses, I find the GMail model works pretty well. I
>> hated it when I first encountered it (and hated that I couldn't
>> "delete" messages) but now I find it natural.

> But you can, no?

You can *now* :) my use of the past tense was not just about how I
felt then but also about the capability then. Both my feeling and the
capability have changed. I was there during the fiery internal debates
about adding a "Delete" functionality, with one side (mostly techies)
arguing strongly that it was not needed and if you'd just shift your
paradigm you'd see how great it was that you didn't need one; and the
other side (mostly user experience and support people) arguing just as
strongly that users weren't "wrong" and you shouldn't *force* them to
adopt a new paradigm, that you should offer it and if it really was
superior they'd adopt it.

Google, not being Apple, eventually bowed to the desire of the masses
for the familiar rather than forcing their vision of the future on
them.

-- Charles