On Apr 23, 2012, at 9:54 AM, hani...@gmail.com wrote:

> And what about "let's take this offline"?
>
> Or "game-changer".
>
> Or (current pet peeve) "amplify"?

a mini e-piphany:  "amplify" is just the e-quivalent of "leverage".

another thing that bugs me these days:

- the increasing tendency try to verb every word in the English language.

(and, as always,  people who say "ex cetera" or misuse the apostrophe,
particularly
in "it's".)

i thought it was just another step on the stage to cranky old manhood.  i'm
glad it isn't just me.