On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Sriram Karra <karra....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM, ss <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> But after the 80s it seemed to lose its magic. After that it seemed to me
>> that RD was just a
>> load of "raddi paper"
>>
>> shiv

I don't know the dates...but I remember that if one (or one's parents)
was subscribing, "The Illustrated Weekly of India", "Stardust" and the
Reader's Disgust never seemed to have much to offer...but when I saw
these magazines on a train, a waiting room, or in a public place, I
could never resist picking them up, and they always seemed to have
interesting stuff, especially if some of the pages were missing. I
used to love the fiction in what our magazine vendor used to call "The
Lusted Weekly".