None of the joints you mentioned serves beer. We can eat at bay leaf and cross
the road to hotel maris for cheap beer and snacks

--srs (htc one x)

----- Reply message -----
From: "Thaths" <tha...@gmail.com>
To: <silklist@lists.hserus.net>
Subject: [silk] Chennai Silk meet this week?
Date: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 11:20 AM

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net>wrote:

> Pelita is garbage. Especially realize that after several trips to kl and
> penang. You would hate it after all that south east Asia travel Thaths.

I am not exactly looking for authentic food.  A place that serves perfectly
acceptable food (with some beer to gargle the tonsils) at tables, in a
relatively noise-free, air conditioned room and where the waiters don't
shoo you out is what I'm looking for.

> Rangis and also Wang's kitchen neat the IIT for desi chinese

Indian Chinese is not bad in itself.

> Bong there's a crowded and cheap but authentic joint near the police
> commissioner's office I am egmore, annapurna I think.

Oh no, not again. A few years ago we tried locating this alleged place for
a lunch time meetup and were unsuccessful. Let us not go down this path
again.

Thaths
--
Homer: Hey, what does this job pay?