I am yet to see a calamity that will force Indians to evacuate. If
Indians were the kind that would quit unhealthy environments, then
prices of land in Bangalore should be falling right now.

Bhopal never skipped a beat even when its citizens were falling dead
from poisonous gas, and it's dusty roads are even today filling up
with malls when the monuments to the disaster are forgotten all too
willingly.

One can only grow angry or sad that this isn't going to end nicely. In
an ideal world no one would pay half a million dollars for an
apartment built on a toxic waste dump, like you can see in any large
Indian city, but it happens here.

When things hit a new low Indians shockingly grow dumb to its ills and
persist. It's almost as if Indians have been actively engaged in
finding ways to lose the ability to see what's good for them.

An ugly public building comes up right next to a 1500 year old temple.
A monument to incompetence and corruption built in the backyard of a
millennial legacy of elegance and brilliance, and no one bats an
eyelid.

Life couldn't rub their noses in the dirty reality any harder, and yet
they are either by choice, or otherwise, blind to the irony.