On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Chandrachoodan Gopalakrishnan
<chandrachoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Much as I like the marundeeswarar and much as I don't like the MRTS
> station, your comparison doesn't hold true. Temple poetry is more about
> exaggeration of the attributes of the diety and less of architectural
> critique.

I can see poetry in imagining a time when this place was covered with
forest, and the imprint of man was vanishingly small - and out of it
arose a tower like no other, made brilliant by lines of oil lamps -
built with muscle and sinew - a paean to faith - towering over the
trees of the forest and adding its brass timbre to the chorus of the
birds. Man's voice as a challenge to nature.

The MRTS evokes only the poetic character of yesterday's putrefying vomit.