I agree parenting support and the money cushions rich kids  from life's
problems. I used those three as examples of grown up problems that hit
successful people in their thirties these days.

The college admission, the career, the marriage all happen more or less on
auto pilot if you merely turn up for life and don't mess up bad. A good
school gets a good college which gets a good career etc.

In the traditional affluent Indian family of fifty-hundred years ago the
support system would have extended all the way through life. Through
raising the kids, through getting them married, through retirement and
death.

But then adult life these days involves leaving the family and living alone
or as a couple in strange new towns and countries.

That's usually when they find themselves in the rain with no umbrella.