On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Kingsley Jegan Joseph <k...@kingsley2.com>wrote:

> You know, sometimes I think that Mr. Mahadevan may be as
> over-enthusiastic in finding dravidian connections for Indus script as
> some of the right-leaners are about finding Sanskrit connections.

Oh say, did you know the Pallavas were the Pahlevis of Iran. ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Parthian_Kingdom
http://iranian.com/History/2003/May/Pallava/
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/03/31/stories/2008033150300500.htm

I think there's a line in the humanities (history, philosophy, the arts)
that gets crossed often, even by the best minds. When the thinker gets
carried away by the utter brilliance of the idea without pausing to
consider if it can be substantiated in fact, or whether it has useful
outcomes.