I'm happy and honored to be part of this list (thanks Udhay!) and while I'm
acutely aware that I'm probably, as my wife Sheela leaves no opportunity
unutilized to remind me of this, a pretty useless and boring person, here's
a brief intro

I'm Narendra Shenoy. I run a factory manufacturing components and
sub-assemblies which go into various engineering applications. Currently,
for instance, we make hinge assemblies for the Coke and Pepsi visi-coolers
that you see in restaurants and cafes.

We occasionally get to make interesting stuff too. We partnered with
Berkeley University to develop the Berkeley Darfur Stove (
http://cookstoves.lbl.gov/darfur.php) and the prototypes for a very
promising groundwater arsenic remediation technique called ECAR
http://gadgillab.berkeley.edu/research/water/arsenic_removal/
(ours processes 600 liters every 2 hours)

For most of my time, however, I'm found pottering around Malad West in
Mumbai, where I live, trying to persuade my wife to cook me some Coorg
style pork or Mysore style mutton pulao. I read as much as I can, almost
entirely non-fiction, though in times of depression, I will pick up a P G
Wodehouse to make the blues go away.

I listen almost exclusively to Hindustani Classical Music. My younger son
however has been working on me for the last year and has got me to like
Pink Floyd, Led Zep and Metallica. He teaches himself to play the electric
guitar and I'm often his main audience. I chronicle some of this in my
blog, narendrashenoy.blogspot.in

Cheers!

--
Narendra Shenoy