In infinite wisdom SS <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to start with a quote from the end of the article. It is not
> my intention to argue with the premise of the article, but to point out
> that "the way one should live life" has been studied through the ages
> and Indian culture has some different recommendations that are visibly
> practised even today.
>
> Here's the quote:
> > That’s why your strategy is important. Because by the time most of us
> > have figured life out, we’ve used up too much of the best parts.
>
> The article looks at life like a single player game. Life can be a
> single player game or a team game in which multiple players cooperate.
> In India life is defined as a multiple player game in which your life is
> played in family and society from the day you are born.

> I write this simply to illustrate that no person or no culture can
> claim to have the best advice on living life. if you grow up in one
> culture it is very difficult to understand or relate to the way things
> work in another.

I am a big believer in using multiple models to understand reality.
Using multiple models handles bias inherent to any individual model.

What I see here is that you are using the model laid out in the Indian
texts (I assume the Hindu religious texts).  Using this model has
benefits, but the bias that might creep in there is that the good of
many outweigh the needs of few.

The author of the article is using the model of a single player game,
where "winning" by the player, at all costs , is the end goal. This
model can be useful when you are in a situation which is a zero-sum
game.

--
Raj Shekhar
@ilunatech

Operative: "Do you know what your sin is?"
Mal: "Aw hell. I'm a fan of all seven."