Where is all this happening,by the way? If this is all in India, I think
you are over-engineering this by entering into a specific agreement (unless
the employment contract specifically lays down a procedure for such
consent, or unless there is a real and practical risk of litigation related
to ownership some time down the line). The cleanest way to handle this is
for the employee to send a mail to a senior person in management, and
include the following: (a) My free time, and own resources (b) Not related
to my work/ job role (c) Will not use confidential / proprietary
information of my employer, nor will I need to use such information related
to the project in my day to day work. (d) No conflict of interest that I
can see/ am aware of.

The manager can approve participation in XYZ, subject to whatever he has
stated in the mail.