On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Chris Kantarjiev <c...@dimebank.com> wrote:

> On 09/28/2014 10:00 AM, silklist-requ...@lists.hserus.net wrote:
>

>> While those places are fine and worthy, if you want to try craft beer in
>> San Francisco, you have to go to Toronado. Only place outside of the
>> brewery (that I know of) that you can get Pliny the Elder draft. That
>> would
>> be enough reason but the rest of their tap list is equally impressive.
>>

> I wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation for Toronado, but Zeitgeist
> has an almost-as-impressive draft list and is a much nicer place to sit on
> a fine day.

Definitely. And a great place to drink Bear Republic beers!

> And Charles, FYI - the Rose and Crown (aka the Lanc) gets a small
> allocation of the Elder every month; it usually lasts about two weeks :-)

That's great news. Will keep it in mind for next time I'm in the Bay Area.
Visited "Two Birds" brewery here in Melbourne over the Grand Final weekend.
Six great fresh beers, good food, friendly people, and NO FOOTY. They were
inspired to open their brewery by meeting Fritz Maytag (of Anchor Steam
fame.) I got to regale them with the tale of how it came to be that Fritz
saved Anchor.

-- Charles