> Knowledgeable reviews and seems to be that the nasik wines are
> rather better, indage platinum, York, Tiger Hill etc are reasonable
> alternatives to Sula. Especially indage

I've had more occasion to drink Indian wines than I'd like, and usually
limited in choice. Based on this, my views:

- The wines that are sold in India usually spend a very long time on
shelves. The chances of finding a vinegary bottle is extremely high.
- Anecdotally, Fratelli, Grover and Indage wines are uniformly horrible,
with failings across the board. Acidity, taste notes, legs, bouquet, body,
you name it. Reds are worse than whites. Whites taste like they were
fermented for ten minutes.
- The York Reserve and Sula's Heritage wines are pretty decent. The reds go
well with Indian food, without necessarily tasting like dessert wines. I'd
avoid the rest.