Dear James,

P.P.S. I have answers for everything.

If this is so, then why do you trouble yourself in discussion with others,
who could, by definition, add nothing to your understanding?

Did you not see my earlier email that people tend to underestimate
Hispanics?

If you believe you have answers for everything, anyone who considers you less than Godlike in your wisdom would be underestimating you.

As for your ethnicity, I would have had no idea about what it was had you not started this thread with a public notice -- something not commonly done here, and thus curious.

This and your claim of high intelligence informed me that a chip was indeed upon your shoulder, and you really should have expected this group to try to knock it off. After all, you did review the message list before posting, and given your omniscience, should have seen that coming (without any regard whatsoever to you ethnicity).

This was supposed to be a joke. I am sorry that you did not read
it that way.

So were some -- but not all -- of my comments. I'm sorry you don't seem to be able to tell the difference.

At the same time, I don't appreciate being told that I am not
following the rules.

Rule, singular. "Assume goodwill" is that rule, and when your first post establishes you on the defensive, it makes this lister suspect that you don't understand what we're about here.

I truly believe that you are violating the spirit of discussion on this
forum.

How? By trying to poke gentle fun at you? By suggesting your claims are comical? By failing to presume sufficient goodwill to believe all that you say? Just which crime are you accusing me of?

Please do not use bad language or I will simply have to block you.

That wasn't "bad language" in my book. "Stirring the shit" was selected very carefully from my vocabulary of words and phrases as being the most evocative of how I viewed your postings here.

If one "shit", used in context, puts me on your blocked list, then it suggests that you are only willing to use a sub-set of English (large though that set may be), and I suspect your intellectual world will be slightly impoverished thereby. Block me if you fear such words, as I may well "shit" again!

I would really recommend the Buddha Dharma Facebook Group where clear
> rules are laid out. This way, we can see who is violating the rules.

That would be useful if I were concerned about finding someone to blame for this discussion. I'm not. Maybe that's your hobby.

I am concerned about having an intelligent conversation with other silklisters -- a group I'm not yet sure you fit into very well, except perhaps as the token troll as others have suggested.

If you are interested in becoming one of us, let me offer the suggestion that you limit yourself to one post per day. In this manner, you give us all time to consider and respond to your first post, and you give yourself time to contemplate your reply.

Then again, if self-doubt isn't part of your makeup, or you don't care what we might have to say, or you intend to rely on the answers you already have, then perhaps fewer than one post per day might be even better.

Cheers,
/ Bruce /