On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:51:51AM -0700, Heather Madrone wrote:
[...]
> How have other silkers handled situations where you feared
> discrimination?

Once or twice.

> Have you found strategies that help you get through the
> stereotyping?

I'm sure there might be plenty of answers about growing one's self
esteem - a good way to do it seems to be doing non trivial, non
obvious things, even if they are quite easy to do. However, at the
root of all such advices should be this:

1. Do not be a victim. You may loose but you may not be a victim.
2. (put whatever you like here)
3. When tired, use The Schwartz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Schwartz

> >That wasn't "bad language" in my book. "Stirring the shit" was selected
> >very carefully from my vocabulary of words and phrases as being the most
> >evocative of how I viewed your postings here.
>
> And now the shit has hit the fan and we have a regular shitstorm.

For us the people of intellect, shit is a spice. Or it should be,
because there is plenty of it and... I'm not sure, why. But, it sits
out there, unused. And we are supposed to be innovative. dammit.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **