Once I tried to cut a piece of asafoetida and remarked,
"Perungaayathinaal perum kaayam aagi vittathu."

And that old chestnut about "panni rendu kutti pottathu, irandu odi
vittana, ethanai baakki?" The answer being none if it is "panni" as in
pig, and ten, if it is "pannirendu" as in 12.

Also there are plenty of puns on words like "maalai". I think it's
called "sleydai" in Tamizh, but not sure.