On 3/28/17 10:00 AM, silklist-requ...@lists.hserus.net wrote:
I like the last line here:

https://aeon.co/essays/what-if-jobs-are-not-the-solution-but-the-problem

​Tying this thread with a previous one on retirement financial planning, by
silklister Josey John:​

http://factordaily.com/ai-big-data-machine-learning-funds-fintech/

I have no doubt that there are folks out there who are developing (or have developed) machine learning/deep learning models to drive trading - no "model" or "gut feelings" involved, but "pure AI" applying past market patterns to current and future stocks.

We may never hear about them - because to get large enough to be newsworthy, they need to establish a long track record, and to establish a long track record, they need to get large enough to attract significant funds ...

But it will be interesting to see if we do.