On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:40 AM Chris Kantarjiev <c...@dimebank.com> wrote:

> I have no doubt that there are folks out there who are developing (or
> have developed) machine learning/deep learning models to drive trading -
> no "model" or "gut feelings" involved, but "pure AI" applying past
> market patterns to current and future stocks.
>
> We may never hear about them - because to get large enough to be
> newsworthy, they need to establish a long track record, and to establish
> a long track record, they need to get large enough to attract
> significant funds ...
>
> But it will be interesting to see if we do.

I posit that the vast majority of silklisters will not, in the near future,
have access to these deep learning-driven hedge funds as a savings vehicle.

In the absence of a democratized deep learning-driven fund open to consumer
investors, I think low cost, index funds are still the best option in most
parts of the world. I've heard it said that this is not the case in India,
and I don't know enough about the markets in India. We may disagree on the
value of Indexed funds. But I hope we don't disagree on the low cost part
(especially when investing for 20-30 year time horizons).

Thaths