~ashwin

From: silklist <silklist-bounces+ashwink=live...@lists.hserus.net> on behalf of
Thaths <tha...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 11:45
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Subject: Re: [silk] Ashim - An Introduction

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:04 PM gabin kattukaran <gkattuka...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>    Which are the ones you have tried? As a consumer, I have found
> 500px nice. Haven't tried posting there though. I find Instagram a tad
> too restricting ( https://instagram.com/cyntalist ) Also, their move
> away from chronological feed has been an irritant.

So far, I have looked at Smugmug and self-hosted galleries. I asked fellow
photographers at work and they recommended against 500px. Apparently there
have been quite a few cases of photo theft.

I am considering Smugmug too since I bought this ->
https://photorumors.com/2017/11/01/luminar-2018-for-mac-pc-now-available-for-pre-order-lightroom-alternative/
 (since LR is going the Creative cloud/subscription way)
the introductory offer comes with a one year Smugmug subscription.

~ashwin
PS: Thaths you are in India?