"We are human beings, not human doings".

Thinking along these lines, and taking kindness to involve a recognition of the human- (or living-)beingness of another, I might attempt to argue that technology can be supple[0], but only individuals[1] could be kind to each other ... or is this just a luddite position?

-Dave

[0] often preferable to its default of being more rigid than the systems it replaces [1] as opposed to technologies (not to groups): it may well be that uncanny valley thing, but in fact, I prefer dealing with technologies that make little to no attempt to model me