On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 4:29 PM Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 1:45 AM Heather Madrone <heat...@madrone.com>
> wrote:
>
> This is the Internet generation, though, and the Internet does a
> > wonderful job of transmitting ideas.
>

> Aren't these ideas typically transmitted via relatively longform text, at
> least until now? What will replace relatively longform text as a means of,
> say explaining an idea from scratch? (I realise that Khan Academy etc is
> one way, but any others?)
>
> I remember a Google event last year, where they presented some research.
One of the findings that made me sit up straighter was that many young
Indians were increasingly bypassing Google and going straight to YouTube
for their searches. So, yeah, Khan Academy et al.
Anecdotal, but I'm also hearing about these young ones, and many older ones
too, getting their learning-new-things stuff off podcasts (played speeded
up, something I think I first heard of from Krish Ashok). I haven't been
able to get into this much, as I tend to need text I can go back and forth
on, and visuals I can spend time on, to properly understand things I'm
trying to understand.