" Perhaps I am paranoid, but I worry that a lot of interesting views will
be lost over time because nobody is bothering to expound on them. A century
from now, can historians piece together our narratives from the shards of
twitter?"
>From what I am learning from them, it seems that it is more that they write
a long-form that is distributed over time, sites, and platforms. So their
indexing is different. The young people I work with in the research do a
huge amount of content production but this content is distributed and
modular, and they keep on finding ways of stitching it together - through
things like twitter streams for instance. And surprisingly, email.