On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:19:09AM -0800, Heather Madrone wrote:
[...]
> Many people would point to money or power as being the king.

The way I perceive it, a success in war, or making money (or even
"only" earning it) or gaining power - all those things increase a
chance of successful procreation (both for males and females who are
on winning side). So it all boils down to serving the "queenking".

> A physics professor I know says that the king is collisions.
> Biologists might point to genetics or chemistry. Recently, I keep
> bumping up against the omnipresent force called "war." It could be
> food or fear or survival itself.

Actually I was writing merely about what (in my opinion) rules over
human behaviour. Sorry for not being more specific. In case of
Universe, I guess mathematics is the queenking. Some people may even
give this mathematics a name.

[...]
> If you're going to invent a god (or a pantheon), you might want to
> make it more interesting than that!

Nah. There is plenty of people inventing such things and making
various claims about. I doubt I could add anything creative to the
lot. And if I could, many of them would probably envy me and hate me,
so I would end up knee-deep in dodo. Then, after I died (maybe
violently - yoopeee!), religious merchants would come and mangle my
words to make hot-dogs of them. Wow, what a prospect.

On the other hand, if my brain has some idle time and I feel so, I
like to reason about various things (whatever comes to my mind). I
might be an animal, in some part at least, but reasoning is fun.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **