> SKN: Over the years I have been getting increasingly frustrated at not
> being efficient in deriving meaningful value from what I have read and
> curated via notes and highlights from these readings. I wanted to get
> better at retaining what I read

JJM: I'm on your same boat, but I have found out it makes no sense (for me)
> to try to find a solution. I know I have very bad memory when I read books
> so I don't try to remember most of what I read, it's pointless for me.
>
> SKN: That is a refreshing contrarian view. I am guessing you have not
> regretted not being able to recollect the material that you don't recall?
> Do you not need any such material for professional or daily use in some
> form?

I'm with JJM. I can remember anything I want, but I can't remember
everything I want. I'm ok with that. (Since not being ok with that would be
like not being ok with the law of gravity.) Being at peace with it means
NOT regretting. Depending on what things I need to remember I can add it to
something that will remind me, but eventually you can't remember what it
was you wanted to remember.

You have a certain amount of working recall, you have to curate what you
keep in it and let go of the rest.

-- Charles