Dear Bob & silver list,

Yes, this is one of a few different vaccines being developed for Lyme
disease.

The truth is that these vaccines are being developed in haste to "cure" our
nation of Lyme "hysteria" at this time, more-so than to prevent Lyme
disease.  A doctor from Yale was quoted in the Hartford Courant stating just
that.  That would be o.k. if it weren't for the serious consequences for
some who have sought or would seek to get this vaccine.

I have met with a woman from NY suing one of these firms as she was crippled
from the effects of the vaccine she had during trials.  She is one of many
who had unknown previous exposure to the Lyme bacteria or previous cases
(supposedly cured) who ended up seriously ill with Lyme disease as a result
of having the vaccine.  Too many people carry the bacteria unknowingly.
This includes my 12 year old, who only proved pos. for Lyme disease this
summer after having a blood culture not yet on the market.  (Typical tests
were all neg. but a culture is fool proof.)

Dogs who have gotten the live Lyme disease vaccine with previous hx. of Lyme
have also been devastated.

I earnestly warn anyone considering getting the vaccine to not do it at this
time.  There is no approved way of absolutely confirming you have not had
previous exposure (tests often result in false negatives).  It is far too
risky.  Furthermore, the vaccines only offer some protection against Lyme
bacteria, and no protection against other tick borne illnesses often present
with Lyme bacteria (borrelia burgdorpheri).

Hopefully, these problems can be addressed.  I'm all for a totally safe
vaccine, but I am not aware of one to date.

Sincerely,
Nancy B.
bernt...@altavista.net ch...@altavista.net

Home schoolers:  CHEAP used books http://www.oikourgos.com/cheap