Not true in Lyme Disease. Having Lyme disease and making antibodies does
not offer any immunity !  You can get reinfected over and over and
indeed people have.

And this is why, if I thought I had Lyme (which I already do, but I mean
in hindsight, knowing what I know now)  I wouldn't wait.  I'd take the
CS as soon as possible and kill those buggers before they set up
permanent housekeeping in my body!

Just MHO.

chc

Hello Deb and everyone:

This story seems to me to illustrate the virtue of giving your immune
system
a chance to fight off any bug it "catches" thoroughly *before* coming to
the
rescue with CS, with electromedicine, with antibiotics, or with *any*
external anti-microbial.  If your immune system is able to fight off the

invaders, it will do so by creating antibodies against the
invader--enough
antibodies, and strong-enough ones, to defeat the enemy.  After the
invaders
are gone, you retain the antibodies for an extended period of time--in
some
cases for life.  They, in turn will protect you in the future.  Of
course
there will be times when we need CS or something like it.  But for the
most
part, it is best to let the immune system take care of the infection on
its
own, as long as it seems to be doing so effectively.

Whitney

>  I was reading the "silver" topic on a pet related list today and
someone
that
>uses it said that she used it on her young daughter for chicken pox and
the
pox
>were gone in 48 hours BUT, she said this left the child with no
immunity to
the