From:   likow...@earthlink.net [mailto:likow...@earthlink.net]
Sent:   Saturday, July 25, 1998 12:55 AM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: SEARS WATER DISTILLER

Hi Joyce and all -

I just got my SEARS DISTILLER but haven't tried it yet since I was
waiting to find out about the "aluminum factor", so I can't comment on
the "burnt taste". But I called KENMORE - who actually makes the machine
which SEARS only sells - and they checked with their tech dept and
assured me that it *was* stainless steel, then faxed me a copy of the
tech sheet with a description of the boiling pot as being stainless
steel. Then, I was re-reading the directions and noticed that they say
"stainless steel boiling pot" (which I'd missed the first time) in the
"first time use and set-up" section. Then someone on the list said that
there were 2 types of stainless steel and that a magnet would stick to
the safe one, so I took a little refridgerator magnet and it sticks just
fine! I guess it passes all tests for safety. I've noticed other
companies selling what looks like this model for A LOT MORE $$!
WaterWise has what looks like the exact same thing for $300 and a place
out of Australia is selling it for $500+! I paid $120 on sale!

Joyce: Did you sample water from the FIRST batch?? They say in the
directions that you have to "break it in" because there's factory
residue in it that will affect the taste!

Dameon

_____________________

I tried the SEARS water distiller, but the water did NOT taste very
good--sort of "burntish".  I tried adding Microhydrin to make it more
like
Hunza water, but the "burnt taste" was still there.  Drinking burnt
water
doesn't appeal to me very much.

Do any of you know how to "clean up the taste" of this water?

Also, the pot seems to be made of aluminum like Daemon mentioned, and I
noticed that although the aluminum content went down in the distilled
water, it did not go down as drastically as the other metals did.

:)  Joyce

P.S.  My school dumped my mail, so please re-send if you emailed me
anything between:

        July 1 to July 7
        July 18 to 20                 Thank you!

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@id.net>