robert.we...@ny.ubs.com wrote:

> I called Hanna Instruments and spoke to their chemist to find out exactly
> what the TDS-1 does and how it does it.
>
> Their chemist said the TDS-1 actually measures conductivity between the two
> probes and uses this to estimateTotal Disolved Solids.

snip

> The TDS-1 puts out 6 volts from one probe and measures how much current
> reaches the other probe.

snip

> Bob Wells
  Hi Bob and list,

  Would like the name of the *chemist* you spoke to. I will immediately
call Hanna Inst. and inform them of the garbage this person is putting
out. TDS-1 doesn`t apply any voltage to its pins. It measures the
current caused by the electric charge of ions in the water.
  A lot of you have multimeters, so use them. Try to measure  the
voltage on the pins. You don`t have to take my word for it ,look for
yourself.

  Bless you all    Bob  Lee
--
oozing on the muggy shore of the gulf coast
  l...@fbtc.net