Years ago comfrey-pepsin was a wonderful GI (Gastrointestinal )healing
agent. We used it to heal ulcers, to sooth the GI tract and it worked
great. Who says you need antibitics to heal h.pylori?? Anyway, someone
got a hairbrained idea to shove 1000 x the usual does into lab rats and
i believe it caused cancer. (Duuuhhh, no kidding) So in all of their
wisdom the FDA took it off the market. I do not know if it ever came
back. Now we use "Okra Pepsin", which seems to work good too.

So, Joyce if you have comfrey pepsin in your yard, do find out what,
how, when and why, because it is valuable. BTW don't forget to e-mail me
your address, off the net!
chc