Douglas McMurtrie wrote:

> Ah to Hell with it!. I replied to bjs flame in private but a public
> attack deserves a public response.
>
> Lots of anger there bjs, particularly for a person who hasn't been to a
> doctor in 25 years. What is this, vicarious crankiness? If you want to
> discuss, I'll discuss. If you want to go sarcastic, I'm perfectly able
> to go there too.

First of all, this is not a FDA or AMA oriented newsgroup. Quite the
opposite. Most people are here for a variety of reasons, but one common
denominator for most being here is a general disenchantment with the
mainstream medical monopoly to begin with. In other words, mainstream
medical worship and the urge to forgive them for their faults is not
deeply entrenched here. Some here, including me, can be darn right angry
about it. So that being said, you know at least where you are at. If I
went to a doctors newgroup and extolled the virtues of alternative
medicene, I would expect some discomfort. Speaking of that, mainstream
medicence sure ain't got nothing kind to say about alternative methods.
So I don't know how lovey dovey this can all be.

> And as to arrogance, arrogance is playing at scientist in your kitchen
> lab in your spare time for six months then proposing to tell men and
> women who've dedicated their lives to the field that they don't have a
> clue what they're talking about.

I would like to remind you that this one covers more than me
here.

bjs