Ah to Hell with it!. I replied to bjs flame in private but a public
attack deserves a public response.

Lots of anger there bjs, particularly for a person who hasn't been to a
doctor in 25 years. What is this, vicarious crankiness? If you want to
discuss, I'll discuss. If you want to go sarcastic, I'm perfectly able
to go there too.

To answer your questions, such as they were. No I'm not a doctor nor
immediately related to any, although I have several friends who are
doctors.

Yes I am from from this country but I've spent plenty of time in the
third world and I'm damned glad that I've got access to the medical care
here that you seem to hate so much. If you saw firsthand the misery that
exists out there you'd be a lot less quick to dismiss it.

And as to arrogance, arrogance is playing at scientist in your kitchen
lab in your spare time for six months then proposing to tell men and
women who've dedicated their lives to the field that they don't have a
clue what they're talking about. My field is computers. I've been doing
it for over 20 years. You want to come tell me you've invented a new
Super Duper Universal Program that will make any computer it runs on be
100 times faster than the hardware is designed for. Fine, but when we
have that conversation you had better know a bit from a byte to start
with or I just might be a little skeptical. Arrogance. you speak about
the AIDS virus. Who's on the front line exposing themselves to that
virus every day in order to care for the sick and infirm?  You?  No,
It's none other than those banes of human kind, the doctor. Save your
righteous indignation for something you have a right to be indignant
about.

Best wishes,

Doug.

P.S. With apologies to Mike and others, I know this isn't a productive
path. Silence from me for the immediate future.