I wonder if this line of thought is a bit wishful thinking.  If the silver
works on the cell wall as some of the research indicates, why would we
assume that it would be able to tell the difference between "good" and "bad"
bacteria?  For instance has anyone had a chance to see the new warnings for
antibacterial soap.  Apparently the soap actually hinders the bodies
defenses to bacteria, germs and the like because the soap kills the friendly
bacteria that normally colonize the skin and keep the nasties from setting
up shop.  I would assume that although CS may work by a different mechanism,
the results may be similar.  I can't really think of a reliable mechanism
that would allow CS to work on only "bad" bacteria.  If there is/was, why
would it necessarily be tuned to human beings.  I say this because some
bacteria that is lethal to humans may not have the slightest effect on other
animal species.  "Bad or good" is relative depending on which animal you
happen to be.

The other thing that I have noticed is that when I take CS (or antibiotics)
my stomach goes all to heck.  I know it doesn't do this to many others and I
haven't figured out the reason why.  What I do know is that when I take
Acidophilus regularly, the CS doesn't create the stomach problems (Similar
to Michael's yogurt approach).  I just make sure that I take them at
different times since I don't want to kill the fresh Acidophilus by taking
the CS at the same time.

Anyhow, if someone comes up with a good design for the yogurt test, I would
be glad to give it a whirl.  I'm not too sure how to identify whether or not
the acidophilus has been killed off in the yogurt (without a microscope that
is).  I also don't know how long the Acidophilus would last without
refrigeration anyhow.  I know that the tablets have to be refrigerated, so
the experiment would most likely have to be done under refrigeration or be
completed before the natural die off of acidophilus occurred at room
temperature.  Anyone have any ideas on this?