M. G. Devour wrote:

> Please send me your comments? I would like to know how you react to
> this article and/or to the above site.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mike

Silver-blue nails.

Acta Derm Venereol, 57: 5, 1977, 413-9

Abstract
    The case is reported of a man with uniformly silver-blue
discolouration of all fingernails, with
    deeper colouring over the lunulae. The nail bed changes resulted
from the uncontrolled ingestion of
    a silver-containing granular powder. The total silver intake was
over 15 g. The only other sign of
    argyrosis was a barely perceptible greyish discolouration over the
cheeks and in the sclerae.
    Biopsies were taken from the nail bed and the cheek. Electron
microscopy revealed metallic
    deposits in elastic fibres and basement membranes. The silver
deposition was much heavier in the
    nail bed than in facial skin. Long-wave ultraviolet light (UVA) and
lack of melanin protection seem
    to be responsible for this phenomenon. Argyrosis and the
differential diagnosis of nail
    discolourations are reviewed.

Mike;

 Here is what the Colloidal Mineral people taught me one time about how
to look
at it. I sure hope I remember all the 0000's

 Above it says 15 grams caused a problem.
 1000mg= 1 gram. 15grams=15,000mg. Just for clarity.

A 100ppm dose is basically 100 milligrams per liter. The tds-1 is based
on ppm
per liter, isn't it?
(all of this is based that there is
 roughly 1,000,000 ppm per liter by volume)

 100ppm divided by dose.x Let's say 1 oz a day. It would take
about 33 days (= one liter of solution) get 100mg or 100ppm however you
look at it.
330 days = 1 gram
Looks like in about 14 years you'd be at 15 grams at 1 oz a day by
volume.

If atomic weight converts vol. to weight, that should make it  2.4 years
per gram by weight.

How many teaspoons are there to the oz.?

Since I used higher ppm and a larger dose, I think you are probably
right Mike.

Jumping back and forth between mcg. ppm. mg. got me confused.

Fred Walter over on the Rife list is a master  mathematician if we can't
get this right.

That article almost makes silver sound addictive too. "uncontrolled
ingestion of
    a silver-containing granular powder." Wonder what that means?

It's been fun!
bjs1779