Frank & list,
 I've tried to explain some of these things, based on my experience and
understanding, as well as I can as to a few of the details you ask about
on The Alternate Health Approaches Forum at

http://web.idirect.com/~showcase/csilver.htm

when you get a chance, please visit. Thanks!

I'll try to offer specific answers to some of your questions:

Frank Matzka wrote:

> I know there was a couple of articles recently about how much silver
> is in a CS solution based on calculations relating to current in the
> production process.

I explain using a voltage level where the current limiting is not
required, allowing you to monitor the rise in current to know the PPM
(since it's increase is directly related to the rise in conductivity /
increased concentration of CS)

These articles referred to current but not
> voltage. Can we assume that voltage is not relevant in any way to the
> production.

Not a good assumption.

(sorry for my electrical ignorance). I ask this because
> I've seen various devices described running from 1 X 9 volt battery, 3
> X 9volt batteries, plug packs supplying 30 volts etc.
>
> The Thomas Millar article (http://www.infocom/~thomil/silver.htm)
> suggests that the particles are produced by "mechanical" action, the
> current knocking off small particles of silver as it passes through
> the solution. If so then presumably the higher the current the bigger
> the particles.

Observations in other related processes lead me to believe that 'the
higher the VOLTAGE, the courser the particles' would be a more acurate
characterization.

And this is where the colour comes into it
> (apparently). Another article states that the smaller the particles
> the lighter the colour. Clear for  best/smallest, light  yellow for
> acceptable, then onto to brown, green and gray for much bigger
> particles.

Colloidal Chemistry books referenced by Peter Lindeman state that the
smallest diameter particles of silver reflect light in the yellow range
(while absorbing other wavelengths of visible light) if he stated it
correctly; larger particles reflect other colors progressively as
particle size increases; a link to his article is in the web site
material referenced at the top of this Email.

> However. Thomas Millar says that the longer you take to produce a
> solution, the more likely you are to form chemical compounds with any
> of the impurities or salts in the solution.  As I understand it pure
> distilled water is not conductive and at least a tiny amount of sodium
> chloride is required to allow current to pass thru it.

It may be time to get beyond the 'Right Now Attack' approach to CS
generation. If you want to speed up your CS generating process after
your initial batch, use some of your previous batch of CS (made only in
purev distilled water water) asa 'starter' to give increased
conductivity and shorter run times on subsequent batches. (Again, this
is dealt with in greater detail on the website.)

 So there will
> always be at least some silver chloride in with the colloidal.
> Apparently most silver compounds are described as being a pale yellow
> colour so I suppose it's hard to destinguish between optimum silver
> particle size and the amount of impurity in any given solution.

You do not have to accept any level of 'impurities... if you don't add
it into the distilled water, it's not there...

> I also presume that a larger electrode surface area would produce any
> given ppm concentration faster than a smaller one. eg a 1cm strip of
> silver would be faster than a 12 guage wire. Is this correct? And if
> so how can we calculate the difference?

Yes, larger electrode surface area will allow the use of higher currents
without adverse mechanical redispersal of the 'plated out sludge' which
is seen to build up on the negatively charged electrode, the Cathode.
Once in contact with the cathode, silver ions gain an electron and loose
their charge, forming a loosely collected 'sludge' of uncharged metalic
silver. Since Dr. Robert O. Becker and others state that [paraphrased]
"it is the positive charge carried by the fine silver ions which is able
to most effectively disrupt the enzyme action of pathogens by blocking
their oxygen metabolism, killing them within 6 minutes of contact", you
want noly the positively charged silver ions left in your CS product for
the best results.

> Does the conductivity of the solution change as the  ppm goes up? I
> ask this because Bob Lee mentioned in one of his posts that his
> current starts low and slowly rises as it goes along.

Yes it does. [On the web pages referenced above] I explain hooking in
any multimeter which reads milli-amps DC current into the system, and
watching the current levels rise. Increased current flows due to
increases in ions in the distilled water. Initially when a voltage is
applied, H- and OH+ ions are produced by the dissociation of some of the
water molecules, giving you some conductivity in pure distilled water.
As positively charged silver ions are produced at the Anode (the
electrode hooked to the positive voltage supply) they move into the
water in a colloidal suspension, held apart by their similar positive
charges. The conductivity rises as a result, and the current flow
increases as a direct result of this rise in conductivity.

> Sorry to barge in with so many questions without so much as an intro
> from me :) But you guys have convinced me CS is worth a go and I'll be
> building a generator as soon as I clear up the above.

CS is definitely 'worth a go', as you say; there is still some less than
acurate information being repeated , and unfortunately may continue to
be for a while yet...

I hope these comments have helped a bit; I've taken the time to go into
greater detail elsewhere, so you may want to visit there for 'the rest
of the story'.

Bruce K. Stenulson
Applied Technology
The Alternate Health Approaches Forum