I am in Ontario, Canada.

"Imperial Smelting" is in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Phone: 1-800-263-1669
       1-905-475-0703

On January 14, 1998, I ordered 5 feet (about 1.524 meters) of
14 gauge (1.63 mm diameter) "fine silver" soft-tempered wire.

The customer service representative ("Gloria") that I dealt with is,
to put it bluntly, not very intelligent, but she repeatedly assured me that
their "fine" silver was 99.9% pure. (She originally told me 99.99% pure,
then recanted, saying it was their "fine" gold was 99.99% pure.)

It arrived today (January 16, 1998). Fast service!

I'd feel more comfortable if their invoice said '99.9% pure' rather
than 'fine' but I'm assured that 'fine' means '99.9% pure'.
(Gloria told me, after I prompted her, that this is an industry term).

I could have ordered less (the customer service representative said that
I could have ordered 1') but the shipping charge would have stayed the same.
(I could have orderd a lot more too, with the same shipping charge).
I mention this because some places have a 10' minimum order (an acquaintance
of mine bought from such a place).

The following costs are in Canadian dollars:
        5' wire              24.68
        Shipping+Insurance    5.87
        GST (tax)             2.14
        PST (tax)             2.44
                             -----
        Total                35.13
                             =====

I guess I'll have to make the time this week-end to finish cleaning out
the water distiller and make a colloidal silver generator to make some
colloidal silver.

Now all I need to do is get sick so I can test it :-)

        fred