----- Original Message -----
From: Marshall Dudley <mdud...@execonn.com>

Thanks for this Marshall,
Its great to see a vendor interested in establishing and publishing
such research.

> Although the common wisdom is that CS only kills bad bacteria,
testing
> that we have had done at the University of Tennessee over the last
few
> months indicates that this is incorrect.  We found that CS kills
both
> aerobic (good) as well as bad (anaerobic) bacteria pretty well
equally.
> Since many bacteria can convert between the two types at will
> (polymorphic), this is really a plus.

This is not surprising to us on the list. See the threads on
repopulating the bowel. Many of the "facts" found out there are only
half truths.
However it is misleading to say that aerobic = good bacteria.
Most of the pathogens used (and disabled :-) ) in Andrew Sloops recent
post are aerobes, both Gram negative (negatively charged) and Gram
positive and are problem microbes in our society.

> What we found was the CS is only effective when in a liquid medium,
ie.
> in the stomach, or blood stream, or applied topically in liquid
form.
> If we used CS in a gel or solid matrix (ie. agar agar), it was
basically
> ineffective against all bacteria, good and bad...<snip>

Do you mean that you applied a CS containing gel to the same media as
you applied liquid CS?
We have found that CS is only ineffective when applying discs to agar
because the CS will not 'wet' the agar or migrate though the medium
and hence has no zone of inhibition. If a swab saturated with CS is
wiped across the medium, a different result is found.

I notice in your research paper you state:
"It has been determined specifically that oxygen reacts with anaerobic
bacteria and viruses with the sulfhydryl (-S-H) groups surrounding the
surface. It removes the hydrogen (converting it to water) so that the
sulfur atoms form an -R-S-S-R bond. This interferes with the organism'
s transport or membrane proteins and deactivates them.(5)"

I think you will find that silver acts similarly, rather than having a
catalytic effect (a catalyst takes no part in a reaction). Silver ions
form 'reversible bonds with enzymes and other active molecules on the
surface of cells. The active sites on enzymes which are effected by
the biologically active ionic form of silver, are the electron
rich -SH groups. Due to its sulphydral binding propensity,
biologically available silver disrupts membranes, disables proteins
and inhibits enzymes.'

There are other points I would like you to expand upon if possible.
1. You say the pathogen is oxidised and in this way killed. Does this
mean that the pathogen is killed by the loss of electrons?

2. You say also that: "Silver is a catalyst. Thus, as soon as a
particle of silver has oxidised a pathogen, the pathogen loses its'
negative charge and floats away, and the silver is free to attack
another pathogen."

If the pathogen loses its negative charge (oxidised) this must mean
that the silver ion has gained an electron and is reduced, to
elemental silver. Can you expand?

Thanks
Ivan