Dogs can be corrected without being hit.  I refer you to: "Cesar's Way" by
Cesar Millan, If you truly want to train a dog the right way, this is
REQUIRED reading...........you don't have to yell at them either...

On 5/31/07, CWFugitt <c_wa...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Evening Jodi,

>>At 02:12 PM 5/31/2007, you wrote:

>Reading those words made me feel nauseous.  I can only hope and
>pray,  that no dog or animal of any kind, has the misfortune of coming to
>you  for help or a home.

   You are dead wrong my friend.  Most are well treated, loved, and
treated
kindly.

Every dog that I correct in this fashion,

    I am saving his life.

There are service dogs, police dogs, war dogs, and working dogs.
For many of these animals, one bad habit makes them worthless.
Just like people.

I work with  "REAL DOGS", none of those worthless critters that sit in
your
lap and the owner is a servant to the dogs.

I will write a full report of "Real Dogs" and make a web page,
then post the link.

If you can't stand to punish and correct,  you should neither own a dog or
have a child.    Enough Said !

How many lives would be saved by applying my ideas and philosophy to the
children of today?

Look at the kids that shoot others?   They should have been treated the
way
I treat a dog that has become worthless due to ONE BAD habit.  One good
baseball bat on the head is often enough to get the job done.

Example.  One dog had a bad habit. I corrected him once.
In his whole life, 10 years plus, he never did it again.  I made that dog
valuable, very valuable, with one correction at the right place and the
right time.

I am sorry, but  Logic is on MY SIDE !

Some people are too soft hearted to do any serious training of
anything.  I
have a grand daughter that way.  He is going to a horse college now.  She
owns a beautiful and intelligent dog.
She may become a horse trainer.  I tell her, she has to learn when to
correct and discipline.  She does love her dog.  She cannot scold or
correct him.   A terrible situation.

Wayne