Plenty of animals have been trained and trained well for not only good behavior but to do various tasks without any punishment or "correction". So have children. I have to say CW that your attitude to animals is disgusting to me. Their lives are valuable, period. In and of themselves even when completely "useless" to humans. Humans and their desires are NOT the indicators or arbiters of worth for any lifeform.
sol