I have a similar report as Marshal. I had cold sores that popped up in the same place on my lip every month (I could make em pop up by eating almonds also) for 40 years. I got rid of them 3 years ago using the advice from this list. I mixed a 10ppm colloidal silver half and half with DMSO. I put it in a small spray bottle. I sprayed it directly on the fever blister every 2 hours for about a week or so. The fever blister became this awful sore on my lip. It was painful and itchy. The sore went deep into my lip. I hypothesize that the sore went as deep as the infected cells. The DMSO/CS apparently broke up the cells that were infected and left the cells that were not infected alone. I have not had another breakout since then.

Dave