I read somewhere (on the computer) that iodine taken by mouth in water
would knock out a bladder infection in a hurry.   I know from experience
that if one has a subclinical infection involving the urine pathway, then a
few drops of Lugol's taken by mouth will eliminate it in a hurry.  I say I
know from experience, but having no licenses or degrees in medicine or
related fields, some would say I am just guessing.  Regardless of all that,
a few drops (say, 5) sure won't hurt us and will very likely give quick
relief from any undue sense of urgency regarding urination.  A Google search
will give lots of info--convincing info.   imho   Best wishes, pj