They will "work" without the stirrer, but stirring does several good things. ["Can" do a bad-ish thing or two if not done right ]
Ode

At 02:07 PM 6/9/2007 -0500, you wrote:

I don't have a stirrer on mine so I don't see why you would need one.
Leslie
----- Original Message ----- From: <laquerenci...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:46 PM
Subject: CS>generator repair question

I'm hoping someone knowledgeable about CS generators might be able to help me with a repair question. The stirring motor on my SG-6 has gone out and the quote for fixing/replacing it is one third the original price I paid about 2 years ago. I've made around 10 gallons of CS during that time. At least one other person with an identical unit reports having the same problem, had the stirring motor replaced, and had that motor burn out as well.

I'd like to know if there is a good alternative stirring method for a unit like this - maybe a way to rig up an adequate thermal stirrer, bubbler, etc. for making one quart at a time.

Thanks very much,
Deborah

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>