The higher the nickle and chrome content, the more it costs, the less it rusts , the harder it is to put an edge on it and the less a magnet sticks

 Cheap and/or hard sticky stainless....will rust and stain...very slowly.
It doesn't have the same silver look 'luster' as the high alloys, more like the steel sink.

Since it doesn't rust, is virtually chemically inert, there just isn't much of it in the alloys and stainless is VERY tough abrasion resistant stuff, it's not likely that very much chrome or nickel is escaping the crystal lattice structure of the steel in any case and exposure to these metals over a period of time is probably many times higher in soil, food and air than in foods eaten by flatware or boiled in a stainless pot.

Without some trace chromium, you won't be healthy.

Ode

I don't get the part about the flatware? Is it better if it DOESN'T
stick? - I took a bunch of it out of the drawer yesterday- none of the
"good" set  sticks except for the actual knife blades, then the cheap
odds and ends that I had in drawer most stuck real good to the magnet.

Wendy
canada